3 Unique Ways to Practice Self-Care
Many people think of self-care as pedicures and extravagant get away's but it's a daily commitment to taking care of yourself. Sometimes it's complicated, soul-searching journeys and sometimes it's simple little activities that boost your mood.
Looking for some creative and simple ways to practice self-care? Here are three, research backed methods to practice self-care, boosting both your mood and well-being.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Aromatherapy. While this one is still debated among the research world there are some studies that suggest certain scents evoke certain emotions and feelings. Scents such as lavender and pine promote relaxation and rest. While citrus can boost your energy levels and vanilla can make you feel more joyful, other scents have even been linked to helping dispel anxiety and frustration as well. I personally use this Diffuser when my son is asleep and I love it.
- Acts of kindness. There's something about paying it forward that makes people feel good. Doing something kind for someone else, no matter how small, can positively effect your mood and even boost your self esteem and sense of value.
- LOL....literally. No need to suppress you laughter! There's a reason laughter is said to be the best remedy. Laughing out loud is a tremendous mood booster. And not only does it boost your mood, but it helps build connection and bonds with those we laugh with!
- Dropping a Swear word. Don't let your mom hear, but a well placed curse word has been shown to have a cathartic effect, particularly when you're stressed.
- Look at something cute! An instant mood booster. Looking at something adorable boosts your mood and thanks to sites like Pinterest and Stumbleupon it's easier than ever to come across a cute baby photo or an adorable puppy pic. Not only that but it's been linked to boosting productivity at work. Here! I'll help you out :) Here's some cute pictures for you!